Short facts about Ukraine:
- Ukraine is the largest country in Europe
- There is no article before Ukraine: Ukraine, not “the Ukraine”
- The Cultural Capital, Lviv, has the highest amount of cafes per capita
- The Ukrainian national costume is called Vyshyvanka
- Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra is one of the biggest Orthodox monasteries in the world
- Ukrainians have built the world’s heaviest plane An-225 Mriya
- The first constitution in the world was written and adopted in Ukraine in 1710 by a Cossack Hetman named Pylyp Orlyk.
- After declaring independence, Ukraine gave up the third-largest nuclear weapons arsenal in the world, which it inherited from the USSR
- Ukraine is the geographic centre of Europe
The best time to visit for good weather is between June through September, where the weather is sunny and perfect for many outdoor activities. If you are looking to save some money, go in April or October.
Both of these months are in the off-season, so there will be fewer crowds, but still fairly pleasant weather for roaming around or heading to a beach by the Black Sea.